Pioneer Press Questionnaire
- Age: 63
- Political party: Republican
- City or town of residence: Burnsville
- What qualifies you to hold this position? I am a: Certified Public Accountant; former 2-term MN State Representative from 2011-14, who successfully chief-authored 4-unanimously passed House bills signed into law; recipient of the Elected Women of Excellence award from the non-partisan National Foundation of Women Legislators; longtime resident; mother of 3-children; and effective listener.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? My top priorities are addressing the recovery of Minnesotans and businesses from COVID-19; dealing with safety and security in our communities by addressing reasonable law enforcement reforms, while supporting the role of public safety; and protecting Minnesotans from increased taxes, while eliminating Minnesota’s tax on Social Security benefits.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? I believe the primary role of government is to provide equal justice for all under the law, promote peace through law and order, and protect the defenseless and vulnerable. Additionally, the MN Constitution tasks state government with securing an efficient system of public schools and construction, improvement, and maintenance of public highways.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? Gov Walz declared his Emergency Power when MN deaths and hospitalizations were high under all models. The projections have not materialized, and 6-months later families, students, and businesses are struggling. Gov Walz needs to relinquish his unilateral power and the Legislature needs to resume its role to legislate and represent its constituents.
- Website or contact: www.pamforhouse.com